Catalogue 2015 - 2016

Advising for Transfer Students

Prior to actual enrollment, transfer students may seek advice from several distinct vantage points. General transitional guidance is most often sought from the Office of First Year Students & Students in Transition. It is here that much of pre-enrollment advising is coordinated. In most cases, formal communication begins in early May for fall admission and in December for spring semester entry. This office also serves as the point of contact for initial course registration and pre-matriculation orientation. In addition, transfer students may contact the Dean’s Office of the College in which the desired major is administered, particularly if there are questions regarding transfer credit and planning remaining academic work. Issues pertaining to changing curriculum choice prior to matriculation are typically handled through the Admissions office.