Catalogue 2013 - 2014

Withdrawal from a Course

To withdraw from a course, the student must obtain the advisor’s or dean’s signature on the course withdrawal form available from the Student Administrative Services (SAS) office. Absence from class without completing the form does not constitute withdrawal and may result in a failing grade. (See section on Withdrawals and Refunds regarding payments.)

W (Withdraw) – If the student withdraws from a course within the first two weeks, no grade is assigned. If a student withdraws after the second week of classes, but prior to the last withdrawal date published in the final schedule for that semester, a “W” is assigned. However, a student may not receive a grade of “W” to avoid the consequences of a breach of academic integrity. A grade of “W” carries no academic penalty or prejudice.