Catalogue 2012 - 2013

Withdrawal from the University

If it becomes necessary for full time degree students to withdraw or request a leave of absence from the University, an official form must be completed and filed with the Academic Support Center. This form will be made part of the permanent record maintained in Student Administrative Services (SAS). Prior to completing the withdrawal form, students are expected to consult with the Dean of First Year Students & Students in Transition in order to complete a formal exit interview. When such conditions as severe illness or absence from the area prevent a student from filing the withdrawal form in person, an application for withdrawal by mail is acceptable. A letter should state the reasons necessitating the withdrawal and should be mailed to the Dean of First Year Students. In the case of part-time or graduate students, withdrawal forms are filed with the academic dean’s office of the college in which the student’s major is administered. The date recorded by the reviewing administrator is considered to be the date of withdrawal. (See the section on Procedure for Withdrawing.)